Coppery Eyes and Red Lips: A Warm Winter Look

A favourite look of mine in the cold months of winter:








 When it comes to applying makeup, i usually drag the process out, but the great thing about this look is it isn't time-consuming.

The steps i did:

1. Prime the skin first; i just moisturise nowadays and skip face primer, mainly because the one primer i have with me is less liked by my skin now. Apply a layer of foundation, then prime the eyes if the plan is to wear this eye makeup for long hours. Sweep a light copper colour all over the lids with a stiff blending brush.



Depending on the intensity desired, build up if necessary. Just add more shadow and blend the edges.



2. Apply the same colour under the eyes.



3. Line waterline with black kohl pencil or black gel liner.


NOTHING stays on my waterline these days, which is so-o-o annoying. I find that i have to apply and to reapply, but i hope you don't have the same problem!

4. A brown eye pencil is good for this, but i used a dark brown shadow and a small stiff angled brush to line my upper lashline. I was in a hurry (not cool when i want to have fun doing my makeup) and didn't get the perfect straight line, so i settled for a smudgy line, which looks perfectly fine to be honest! I might just continue "settling" for that in the future. Smudgy is in after all!



5. Apply the same shadow on the lower lashline as well, but just not as thick. Get right in between the lashes. I stopped the liner where my lashes naturally grow, but it would also look pretty to line all the way into the inner corner of the eyes.


See the subtle difference in the lower lashline in the above photo and the photo above it? Just makes the eyes even more smokey, doesn't it?

6. Cover any darkness under the eyes with a corrector or a concealer. I did my orang lipstick + concealer trick for this.


7. Next, powder the T-zone area. And i absolutely need to set the concealer under my eyes too. A note: before powdering, conceal any dark spots on your face, then powder on top to set!


8. Mascara time!


9. One thing i just discovered: i love applying bronzer as blusher! I don't know if this can work for everyone, but for me Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer is perfect for this purpose.



 10. I had applied the same concealer i used under my eyes for my lips as well.


This step is to sort of cancel out most of the natural lip colour as a canvas for the lipstick. I love pairing this copper colour with a red hued lipstick.


Now give a final upwards comb through the eyebrows; i decided to keep my brows natural here.

And the look is finished!

More photos of the end result:




And in a different lighting (SO hard to find the perfect lighting at our apartment here in Paris!):


And in the harsher lighting:




Thanks for reading! <3

Products i used:

Face
- L'oreal True Match liquid foundation in W7
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 005 Silky Beige
- MAC Morange lipstick + Stage Picture Perfect Liquid Camouflage in 07 Temptress Empress

Cheeks
- Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 52 (also known as Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer)

Eyes
- Racy Kacy shadow in The Balm Shady Lady Vol. 3
- Caught In The Act Courtney in The Balm Shady Lady (also in Shady Lady Vol. 2)
- Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in 01 Black
- Maybelline Great Lash mascara in Blackest Black

Lips
- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 22

Comments

Contact Form for Pages [DO NOT DELETE]

Hi, I'm Liyana

I'm a style & lifestyle blogger based in sunny (and ever humid) Malaysia. On The Good Weekender, you can find typed journals of my evolving modest personal style, travel adventures, skincare/beauty updates, home decor things, and stories of other bits and pieces of my everyday life. I hope you'll enjoy flipping through these pages of my virtual book!